Course training "Ethics counseling in health care
17 Feb 2023 - 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
According to the curriculum of the Academy of Ethics in Medicine (AEM).
Basic course and moderation training
The basic course "Ethics Counseling in Healthcare" covers the development of basic competencies for working as an ethics counselor in healthcare. The basic course takes place in a blended learning concept:
- eLearning module 6 teaching units à 45 min
- 4 attendance days with impulse lectures, small group work and case work
The moderation training takes place in presence. Both parts of the course follow the specifications of the curriculum
"Ethics Counseling in Health Care" by the Academy of Ethics in Medicine (AEM).
Here you can find the event flyer: Flyer Basic Course Ethics Counseling
The following basic concepts are taught
- Basic concepts of ethics
- Ethical reasoning
- Ethics and law
- Models and structures of ethics consultation
- Planning, implementation and evaluation of
- Methods of ethics consultation
- Possibilities and limits of ethics consultation
- Reflection of the own role
- Introduction to important ethical
Participants will have the opportunity to learn how to facilitate ethical case discussions using cases,
The participants will practice in small groups the different roles and perspectives that are brought in by the participants and the instructors. You will take on different roles and perspectives. The simulations of case discussions will be debriefed together with a certified trainer for ethics consultation in health care after the exercises.
Professionals from all health care professions who are interested in ethics consultation and facilitation of
case discussions; in particular also for members of ethics committees.
Course dates basic course and moderation training:
- eLearning 08.10. - 08.12.2022 (6 UE)
- Basic course
Thursday 08.12.2022 09:00 - 18:30
Friday 09.12.2022 08:30 - 18:00
Thursday 16.02.2023 08:30 - 18:30
- Moderation course
Thursday 16.02.2023 14:00 - 17:30
Friday 17.02.2023 09:00 - 17:30
Institute for History and Ethics of Medicine at TUM,
The exact directions will be sent with the registration certificate
For cancellations up to four weeks before the start: without charging a fee.
For cancellations up to one week before: calculation of 25% of the course fees.
For cancellations less than one week prior to the start of the event: Charge in full if no rebooking to a participant:in the waiting list is possible.
The requirements for certification as an ethics advisor:in in healthcare (competence level K1) of the Academy for Ethics in Medicine (AEM) can be completed with the basic course (scope 30 teaching units) and the moderation training (scope 15 teaching units). CME points of the State Medical Association are applied for.
Basic and facilitation course package fee including certification by AEM: 900,-.
Course fees include course materials and certification by AEM.
Application deadline: October 15, 2022
Clinical Ethics Committee
Klinikum rechts der Isar
Munich University of Technology
Institute for History and Ethics of Medicine (TUM)
Registration and cancellation clause:
Please send your binding registration in writing or by mail to (subject : K1 course ethics consultation):
Klinikum rechts der Isar
P.O. Box Institute of History and Ethics
of Medicine, TU Munich
Phone +49 89 4140 - 6897
You can find the registration form here: Ethics consultation registration form.
- Prof. Dr. med. Georg Marckmann, MPH Certified Trainer for Ethics Consultation in Health Care (AEM), Director of the Institute for Ethics, History and Theory of Medicine, LMU Munich
- Prof. Dr. med. Alena Buyx, Director of the Institute for History and Ethics of Medicine, Technical University of Munich
- Kathrin Knochel, MD, Clinical Ethics, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich